Friday 26 October 2012

FSOSS 2012

Well what a day it was. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for the last 3 talks, but I made the best of the first 3.

I first attended the LTSP talk. This talk was very informative to how LTSP worked, and how its helping countries which aren't too wealthy get technology up and going. I believe we can see a lot more of these kind of settings in the future, such as classrooms with very efficient systems, and much more centralized control for administration and monitoring of activity. Elementary schools can adopt this technology to make sure that students at a young age can have a safe browsing experience and computer usages.

The second talk I attended was the Automation of Video Editing. I thought it was brilliant how Raul Suarez had designed scripts to automate repetitive tasks in video editing. I can see this used in broadcast environments, and really opened my eyes up to how we can automate even more.

Finally the Open Source Career's presentation by Robert Russel was quite informative. I learned quite a bit about how to approach finding a job now, and the correct attitude to have towards it. It has really motivated me to be more enthusiastic out on future endeavours.

I wonder what next year holds!

2 comments:

  1. Woo! My first positive internet review!

    Speaking was a delight for me -- and I'm always heppy to keep providing encouragement and taking questions. I hope that you're able to take some time this weekend to start in on the assigned readings and to set up your weekly/monthly processes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words! It really helped me get on track for this weeks tests hah!

    ReplyDelete