Tuesday 18 September 2012

Fixes Fixes Fixes!

I managed to fix all of my errors on both packages and used another package because inetutils was giving me too much of a hardtime for my timeframe. So i picked up grep!

 GREP

My grep spec file ended up looking like this! 
The biggest trouble i had with this particular package was the language files and translations for the man pages. I finally got to talk to Professor Chris Tyler over IRC and he lead me to the Packaging:Guidelines#Handling_Locale_Files Post where i read about a macro called find_lang.

In my spec file i used:
%find_lang grep%files -f grep.lang
Which in turn solved 43 warnings! This grabbed all my lang files and properly put then in the right places.

Heres my uploaded Grep spec file and created RPM  grep.spec grep-2.9-1.fc17.x86_64.rpm

GZIP

Here are my updated spec and rpm files to download as well! I am very glad i got these working, and i am now VERY excited to do the koji and mock labs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment